Latest News

Read More

Frequently Asked Questions

What is meant by deductible and depreciation?

Deductible is the fixed amount to be paid by the policyholder in the event of a claim.

Depreciation is the percent rate at which the new for old parts are depreciated when used to repair the damaged car, or the percentage of decrease in the car value due to use.


Is it necessary to complete and sign the Insurance Proposal Form?

It is necessary to complete and sign the Proposal Form since the information given herein forms the basis of the contract of insurance.


Will the contribution be reduced for the next year?

Yes, when the client reduces the market value of the car at the renewal time and/or has no claims during the year.


Will the foreign vehicles be insured?

Foreign Vehicles registered in the GCC Countries can be insured.


Will the Company provide me with a hire car facility during the repair of my insured car?

Yes, if you are entitled to a hire car facility. This extension of cover is provided optionally against an additional premium


Is completing and signing the Proposal Form be considered an acceptance or not?

Completing the Proposal Form does not bind the cover, unless it is countersigned by the Employee of the Company.


Will my car be repaired in case of mechanical breakdown or failure and wear & tear with no exposure to a motor accident/ collision?

The car will not be repaired in the case of mechanical breakdown or failure and wear & tear if there is no exposure to a covered accident.


When the repair of insured car will be effected?

The repair will be effected upon completing the claim documents e.g. the Claim Form, Repair Permit, Police/ Najm Report.


What are the car models acceptable for insurance?

Vehicles of Models up to 10 years are acceptable for Comprehensive insurance, and up to 20 years for Third Party Liability insurance.


What does the “authorized driver” mean? Who is he and what is his description?

The authorized driver is any person who has a Saudi Driving License and is driving the car or use it upon permission of the Insured, provided that he observes and strictly complies by the policy conditions and is governed by the policy terms as if he is the Insured himself and he should not be entitled to indemnification under another insurance policy.


In case there is a “slight collision” prior to making insurance to the car, will the Company accept finalizing insurance?

The car should be in sound condition when presented for insurance, and any prior damages should be repaired before finalizing the insurance.


If a trailer is linked with my Vehicle will it be covered within the Policy?

The trailer is covered with the Vehicle if its value and details were declared.


How the loss is settled to the Insured?

The loss is normally settled either by repair, reinstate or replace the car or any part thereof or its accessories or spare parts or pay in cash the amount of the loss or damage. The liability of the company shall not exceed the value of the parts lost or damaged and the reasonable cost of fitting such parts. If such parts or accessories are unobtainable or outdated, indemnification for said parts or accessories shall not be in excess of either the latest manufacturer’s price list or quoted price.

If I insured my car at an amount above its actual value, will the Company indemnify me by the payment of that amount?

No, because upon occurrence of any accident the Company will not pay more the actual value of the car at the time of occurrence. Therefore, the insurance to the car should be effected in its actual value, no more or less.


How can I renew my Policy for the next year?

The Company will send to you a Renewal Notice sufficiently in advance of insurance expiration date. You have to complete this Notice and send it to the Company and pay the contribution through any of the methods approved. You may visit any of the branches/ offices to pay the contribution and receive the renewed policy.


These questions and answers are designed to help clarify some of the concepts, but are not considered a legal reference to any dispute, as the first reference will be the insurance policy and its terms.